Monday, April 30, 2012

Fish Move

Aquarium visit - pencil
Several weeks ago I visited the Georgia Aquarium for the first time. Accompanied by my son who is an artist and engineering student, we took our sketchbooks and pencils to record the morning.

Fish and more fish - pencil        

 

      

After trying to capture on paper, fish of every size and color, we came to the conclusion that fish move. I know that is not a surprise to anybody, but it made it a challenge to put their smiling faces on paper.

Piranha on Van Gogh paper - pencil
We saw interesting people. We pet starfish. We pet little sharks and rays. We even went to the theater and saw the dolphin show. It really took me back to the days of visiting Sea World when my children were small and I didn't notice if the fish did move.

Marine Life


No comments:

Post a Comment